727-490-9769

Care for Your Smith-Wicks Candle

We care, and we know you do too. That’s why when you bring your Smith Wicks soy candle into your home or office, we want to make sure you know how to safely burn it!

Candle Storage

Keep your candle in a cool place away from pets and small children. Candles are delicate and often break when dropped. Over-exposure to high temperatures (car, kitchen, etc) may cause the candle to melt.

Lighting Your Candle

When you first light your candle, allow the wax to pool all the way to the outer edges of the container. This is called a melt pool. Allowing a full melt pool guarantees an even burn (no tunneling) and maximum fragrance throw.

Before each use, trim the wick to 1/4″, and never move or re-light until flame is out and wax is completely solid. If the wick becomes too long while burning, extinguish flame before trimming.

Candle Safety

Never burn your candle on or near anything flammable, or for more than 3-4 hours at a time. Always burn candles on a stable, protected, heat-resistant surfaces or place on a heatproof plate.

Extinguishing Your Candle

Never use container lid to put out flame. Extinguish flame with a candle snuffer, which will prevent wax from spraying. Gently blow on the flame until it extinguishes.

NOTE: Failure to follow warning label instructions could result in fire or injury.

Maximizing Burn Time

Do not allow water or moisture to mix with the wax. This can cause the wax to splatter or pop. Remember to only burn for 3-4 hours at a time, as the flame will burn holes in the sides of your candle.